One of my favorite places to write is in my room. I have a small sofa next to a book shelf and a lamp, my room does not get much sunlight so I have to light a candle which makes my room nice and cozy. My favorite time of the year to write is in the fall. It is my favorite season with all of the crisp warm colors and the cool air, it is a very inspiring time to write for me. I do not have any special rituals before I write. I do enjoy a cup of hot coffee or some nice apple cider before I start writing. It gets me motivated and in the mood.
I have discovered a new way of expressing myself in writing. I am an actor and an artist and those are two very good ways of expressing my feelings and ideas. Writing is just another way for me to do that. For me it is a more private and intimate way of expressing myself, because others do not have to see what I write. For acting and art it is difficult to hide your feelings in those two fields. I have actually written a one man show about experiences from my life and my friends life. Writing that play was very meaningful to me because it helped me get through some of the pain that I have gone through in my life. I am starting on another play that is very dear to me about racism and the love and hardships of family.
When I write, I write about things that are very dear to me and that I have and interest in. That helps me become interested in writing and not just think, "Oh man, I have to write!". These are just some things that help me to get interested and start brainstorming ideas.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment